Invented by a Roulette player from Canada named Henry Labouchere, the Cancellation Betting System focuses on recovering your bet amount from several small wins instead of a big one. The strategy can be used on any gambling game but is known to work well with roulette. Today, a large number of Roulette fans employ this strategy to enhance their odds of winning when playing online roulette games at top casinos. The biggest downside of the game is that losing streaks can often trap players into making large bets if they wish to continue using the technique through the gaming session.
How does the Cancellation Betting System work?
Commonly known as the Labouchere system, the cancellation betting system is premised on the expectation that in the short run, there are chances that two events of equal probability will happen nearly at the same time. The more money you bet, the longer you can sustain in the long run as it increases your odds of winning but at the risk of losing more money.
This system works well for even money games such as in roulette when betting red or black and in craps where you choose to pass or not pass. You can decide on the value of the unit and how many units you are willing to stake depending on your bankroll.
Steps of using the Cancellation Betting System
– Players can first write ten ones in a row where each number would represent a chosen betting unit. By the system by the time all the numbers would have been ticked off from the paper, you are likely to have won 10 units.
– You can bet the sum of the number on your left and that on the right for each bet. If there’s only one number left you can bet on that.
– In an occasion when you win, cross out both the numbers and if you lose place the total at the right-hand end
– In case your pre-decided bankroll looks insufficient for betting on the sum of the left and right numbers, you could try a couple of things:
a) If your bankroll covers the left-hand side number then wager on it. You can cross it off if you win but in case you lose, then add the lost amount to the left number.
b) In case your bankroll is not enough to cover the left number then bet the balance amount left in your bankroll. In case you win you can deduct what you won from the number on the left and if you lose, it indicates that your entire bankroll has been consumed and its time you leave the online roulette table.
Things to remember when applying cancellation betting system in playing online roulette
1. In a session of repeated losses, you will see that the numbers add up quickly resulting in exhausting the bankroll sooner than you might expect.
2. The larger the risk, the greater are the chances of crossing off the numbers completely. Remember that either you will win ten units or lose your bankroll staked.
3. Some experts point out that the most common application of this strategy is on numbers in a sequence though you are free to try other numbers as well.
4. Contrary to the Martingale strategy, using this system may not increase your bets as swiftly, but can get pretty large. Be alert!
5. It could take larger bets to get you back to track after having lost for a while.
6. The casino’s house edge remains unchanged even when the Labouchere is used in the long run. This means that the casino still has an advantage over any player, whether or not choosing to use the technique.
You can deviate from the strategy of Cancellation Betting System at any point of the game. You could start employing the strategy at online roulette tables that are playable for free at online casinos before you begin playing with real money.